Half Day Niagara Wine & Cheese Tour
Explore Niagara Wine Country
Learn about grape varieties and the geographical area as we start out in the vineyard with our WINE SMART GUIDE, then experience a full grand tour of the wine making process and facility. Discover the inner workings of the tank room right into a real underground barrel cellar.
Enjoy a structured Cheese & Charcuterie platter with a wine tasting seminar right in the heart of wine country!
An all inclusive experience
$89.95 CDN or $68 USD approx + tax
Visit three award winning, family owned boutique wineries – from large, medium to hidden gems.
A Cheese & Charcuterie platter for two, in a seminar style tutorial with wine pairings.
Begin your fully guided experience in the vineyard with an educational and immersive Wine Smart Guide and or Sommelier who has studied wine as a profession. Be sure to ask a lot of questions!
A fully guided, grand tour at one winery is included.
PICK UP TIME & TRANSPORTATION
- Niagara Falls Hotel pick ups between 11:00 am – 11:20 am
- Niagara-on-the-Lake pick ups between 11:40 am – 12:00 pm
Explore Niagara in Mercedes-Benz Sedan SUVs or Executive Sprinter touring vehicles with a maximum of 14 people, to ensure quality interaction with your guide.
Tour includes door-to-door transportation to and from local Niagara accomodations as well as pick up and drop off from all winery visits on the tour.
The Half Day Wine & Cheese Tour
Travel with an industry wine professional and visit 3 award winning Niagara wineries during this exploration with wine and cheese tasting
- At your first winery visit, you will enjoy an interactive Cheese & Charcuterie tasting seminar with multiple different cheeses, local cured meats and french bread during a seminar style food and wine pairing event. In this event you will explore how food and wine can be paired. You will also learn about different grape varieties, how they are processed and their distinct flavors and origins.
- At the second winery, experience a Full Grand Tour of the winemaking facility including an in-depth tasting seminar
- At the third winery, visit a small boutique family run winery off the beaten path producing small batch, award winning wines
- Taste a minimum of three to four wines or more, per person, per winery, including premium whites, reds and some of the best and rarest Icewines in the world.
- Tour and wine tasting fees are included with the program, more tastings can be had for a minimal fee outside the program if you like! Make sure to take wine home as most of the wines you try are only available at the winery!
Transportation & Guides
- Door to door transportation to and from your accommodations
- An industry professional wine smart guide
- Price listed is per person and exclusive of HST, booking fee, and guide gratuity. $US only an approximation, as currency rates fluctuate.
- Professional Guide Gratuity is not included, thank you
The cheese tasting is a tapas style seminar, it is not meant to replace a full meal event. If you wish for a meal program please see our Lunch, Dinner, or Our Culinary Tour to include a meal plan.
Being our most popular tour our weekday group size can range from 2 to 14 guests and weekends from May to October can be up to 24 guests on busier days in peak season.
As in all our tours, you will be in a newer, spacious, comfortable and immaculate vehicle with air conditioning.
All on site winery tasting sessions are private to Niagara Vintage Wine Tour guests at each winery to maintain the integrity of our guests experiences.
Additional Wine Tour Notes
Pickup & Drop Off
Door to door service at your Hotel, B&B, or Country Inn. We provide door-to-door service pickup times are approximate. Allow for 10-25 minute buffer zone with pickup times.
On rare occasion we reserve the right to change itinerary due to availability and without notice. In the off season, due to earlier closures of wineries separate group tours may be combined.
Please note that our reservations for dinner is at 8:00 pm during our peak season (May-September), and the reservations for dinner is at 7:00 pm during our off season (October-May).