Delicious 3-Ingredient Wine Recipes You Need to Try Add a twist to a glass of your favourite wine! Oh yes, your desired vino is perfect just on its own – but why not add a little twist for some fun? Combining your best vintage with some sparkling, or even adding your favourite fruits can really enhance the flavour and mix things up a little bit. Keep reading to see some of our favourite simple, 3-ingredient wine drink recipes!
Sparkling Summertime Sangria This one’s a classic! Who doesn’t enjoy a refreshing glass of delicious sangria every now and then? Especially when it’s this easy and quick to create! Ingredients
- Red wine
- Sparkling water or Italian soda
- Frozen fruit (raspberries, grapes, strawberries, etc.)
Can you think of anything better on a hot, summer day? Maybe the next recipe…
- In a pitcher, combine one bottle of your favourite red wine with some frozen fruit. This could be raspberries, pineapples, grapes, and strawberries – among many others!
- Allow the pitcher to chill in the fridge for a minimum of one hour, or keep it there overnight.
- Pour into a glass until filled halfway and then finish it off with sparkling water or Italian soda.
Strawberry Peach Wine Slushies The name says it all. Strawberries and peaches go together like wine and cheese. Or wine and fruit. Or wine and more wine. You get the point. So, why not combine them with your favourite bottle of white? Especially since there are so many amazing wineries throughout the Niagara region – it’s so easy to find a bottle of something crisp and delicious! Ingredients
- two cups frozen strawberries, sliced and two cups frozen peaches, sliced
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 bottle of white wine
Doesn’t that recipe sound fantastic? Not only is it refreshing and delicious, it’s the perfect excuse to add some vitamins and nutrients to your wine slushie!
- First, slice all of your strawberries and peaches and put them in separate containers or re-sealable plastic bags. Place them in the freezer for a minimum of two hours.
- Add strawberries and one cup of ice to your blender. Continue to pour one cup of wine into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a sealable plastic or glass container and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Repeat the previous two steps, but with peaches instead.
- Fill a glass halfway with the strawberry wine slush, and the other half with the peach wine slush.
- Grab a straw and enjoy!
Citrus Sizzle Are you ready for a little Citrus Sizzle? This drink says “night out” all over it. Although you can really enjoy it whenever best suits you! It only needs three ingredients and is super quick to make! Ingredients
- Red wine
- Blood orange soda
- Sliced lemons or oranges
See, now wasn’t that simple? You can quickly whip up a batch of these for you and all your guests to enjoy. Especially while sitting out in the backyard or on the patio during a beautiful summer day! For more fun and exciting wine-based drink recipes, take a look at the Niagara Vintage Wine Tours blog section! There are tons of drink ideas that can help take your favourite wine to the next level of satisfaction. Are you having trouble finding a new favourite bottle of wine? Why not book a wine tour! During a wine tour, you can experiment with different wines and explore the beauty of the Niagara region! Simply contact Niagara Vintage Wine Tours today to book your next tour!
- Pour your favourite Niagara red wine into a glass and add a few lemon or orange slices.
- Top it off with some blood orange soda for a bubbly effect
- Serve and enjoy!
Tags: Sangria, sparkling, summertime, wine